March is Maple Sugaring Season in Vermont. Sugar makers across the state will soon be producing more Maple Syrup than any other State in the country. Here’s a recipe for a sweet treat made with pure maple syrup!
Here’s a video of a Maple Pie as well as Maple Granola being made:
Maple Pie recipe
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups pure Vermont Maple Syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 – 9” unbaked pie shell
1. In a saucepan, wisk together cream & flour until smooth.
2. Add maple syrup, butter and pepper.
3. Cook stirring over medium heat for 10 minutes or until thickened. Do not let the mixture boil.
4. Pour into pie shell and sprinkle with chopped walnuts.
5. Bake at 375° for 20 – 30 minutes or until bubbling.
6. Cool on a rack and then refrigerate until thoroughly cooled before serving.
Compliments of VermontMaple.org, originally (as seen on VPT Cooks) Recipe from Mary and Sarah Schreindorfer of Fairfield, VT